Monday 9 May 2011

Boots Smooth Skin ipulse plus - Week 1

Boots Smooth Skin Ipulse Plus

As you know I am a massive beauty junkie and so when I was asked to review the Smooth Skin Ipulse Plus, I was absolutely delighted.  It first launched in 2008 but as I was pregnant and then breast feeding the Pixie, I wasn't able to try this, but guess what?!  I am NOT pregnant and I am NOT breast feeding anymore so bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, I hear you ask, what is this??

The Boots Smooth Skin brand (or just "iPulse" as it's known as  in other countries) uses IPL (intense pulsed light) technology which offers clinically proven, permanent hair reduction.  This has been around for about 30 years and works by using flashes of light which target the pigment in the hair which them disables the hair follicles and stops new growth. 

It's recommended that you use this between 6 and 12 times (once a week) and after that hair growth should be minimal with the occasional top up session every couple of months to keep the stray hairs at bay!  Regrowth becomes less over time and eventually you'll have minimal growth - yippee doo da!!!


The iPulse PLUS also comes with an  "Electronic Skin Tone Sensor" device which takes the guess work out of choosing the appropriate skin type setting for each part of your body.  There are four skin type settings meaning you can personalise treatment depending on skin colour.

I am going to be treating my legs, bikini area (no Hollywood or Brazilian stylee though ;-) underarms and the odd facial hair (ahem). 

I did the first treatment session at the weekend and spent about an hour zapping the follicles.   You need to "prep" each area by shaving and then smear the area with the activator gel which helps to guide the light down the hair follicle.  It also cools the area that you are treating.  

By far the longest time was spent on my legs (approx 30 mins) with 10 mins on each other area.  The first great thing was that the power cord was VERY long meaning that all areas were really easy to reach and treat, without having to be a contortionist.  It was a bit weird at first as the *zap* sound with a flash of light was a bit space age, but I soon got used to doing it.  It is VERY easy and almost pain free.  I say almost as there was a little bit of discomfort but this was because I had the ipulse on the wrong setting.

I have taken photographs to be able to show you "before" and "after" shots so stay tuned for more info!

The Boots Smooth Skin PLUS is a a little more expensive than the original model at £399.99 but if you factor in the cost of salon treatments you are definitely quids in. 

If you want to find out more you can get in touch with the iPulse team using their international sales email address which you can find on the iPulse Facebook page.


Other useful links are 

Buy Boots Smooth Skin PLUS from Boots.com

iPulse website: www.ipulse.com
iPulse on Twitter: twitter.com/iPulseSmooth
iPulse on Facebook: www.facebook.com/iPulseSmoothSkin

If you have any questions, please do post them here, I will do my best to help as have access to experts and a manual as thick as my arm!

Peace and Love

S.A.M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment