Monday 2 May 2011

Potty Training - The 7 day update

Well it's been a week since I decided to potty train Pixie Potty training the slatterns way and what a little superstar she has been!  I remember my life being ruled by the potty with the boys, staying in, being WAY to over enthusiastic so this time, using my experience I decided to just go with it and see what happened as she was showing signs of being ready. 

Not sure if it was the fact she was a girl (and have heard that girls are easy to potty train than boys) or the fact I was just so much more chilled out about it all, but it was a breeze.

She as only had 2 accidents in a week and has not wet the bed once! 

I have always taken the bull by the horns and just taken the night nappy away with all of them at the start of potty training as I believe it confuses issues and taken longer if you have a nappy on at night and then underwear in the day.  I know of a few 6/7 year olds who are still wearing pulls up at night and when their parents try and take them away, they are wetting the bed. 

I just give them their bedtime drink about an hour before bed and make sure they wee before going to sleep.  I always used to lift the boys but we forgot with Pixie and she was fine (so far) and just does a big wee in the morning.

The only trouble we are having is that she can't pull her knickers down/up by herself.  I am going to buy her some a size bigger to see if this makes things easier as she is very independent and takes herself off to the loo/potty then struggles with her knickers.......I will let you know!

Good luck to anyone else trying!!

Love and Peace

S.A.M xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment