Thursday 13 January 2011

Listography - Take 5 places.....

This is the first time I have taken part in Kate Takes 5 listography, but I have a spare 20 minutes and I really enjoy this as a concept.

I have always loved travelling, new experiences, new people and places and I harbour the dream that one day in the not to distant future, we will take the kids out of school for a year and show them volcanoes, hot springs, shanty towns and the amazon in real time rather than out of a textbook.

Here are my 5 favourite places:

1) Angel Falls, Venezuela



Not only is this the largest waterfall in the World, it is also where HAW proposed to me.  We flew over in a twin engine plane from a beautiful lodge of the Isle of Margarita.   It holds lovely memories for me and of a very happy time in my life.

2) London



I am a Londoner born and bred and had become quite blase about the fact the City was so accessible and so close.  However, having a Kiwi business partner has re-ignited my passion for our Great City.  I am so grateful that it is on our door step as I am loving showing the kids our wonderful Capital.

3. New York

I have been to New York at least 10 times (spoilt brat I know) my parents first took us about 20 years ago and we all got totally hooked on the fast paced city Life.  I was fortunate enough to visit on lots of work related "jollies" and had plenty of SATC moments in the City that never sleeps.  

4. Camber Sands


We have only recently discovered Camber Sands since having the kids but it is only 90mins away from where we are.   We rent a beach house that has direct access to the beach and the kids can go wild as you can see!!!  I would love to move down to this part of the World.

5. Maldives



After having a cancer scare in early 2008, I booked a once in a lifetime, no expenses spared holiday for the four of us to the Maldives.  I decided that life was worth living and off we went.  This is really worthy of it's own blog but we had the most amazing holiday ever, it really was paradise and the icing on the cake is that I returned pregnant with our little Pixie (having been told that I wouldn't have more kids!).  I dream of going back one day.....

If you have enjoyed reading this, then please do the same and link up here

http://katetakes5.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment