Monday 17 January 2011

Spread some Love.....Blue Monday 2011

Today has been named the most miserable day of the year, triggered by bad weather, money worries and failed resolutions.  I concur that I was feeling pretty hacked off today, the school run was wet, my kids were fractious and the house is a tip.  Oh deep joy, a day spent doing housework, ironing, washing and cleaning, just what the doctor ordered to make me feel special. Not.

Then the postman knocked, he gave me a package from Canada and went back out into the grey, rainy, miserable morning.  I have only just opened it but the sentiment behind the package has cheered me up no end. 

It was a book called RUT from Concord Free Press that I read and applied for just before Christmas.  The philosophy is simple, they will send you a free bestseller and all they ask you do is to give some money to a group you support or someone in need.  Where and how much you give - that's completely up to you.  You then track your donation on their website and pass the book along to another reader.   It's all about inspiring generosity.

It's a simple but powerful concept and an ongoing experiment in publishing.

www.concordfreepress.com

Why not help share the love?

No comments:

Post a Comment