Thursday 31 March 2011

A bedtime lullaby

Seeing as my last post was my angels with dirty faces asleep, it lead me to think that I really need to write down our bedtime lullaby in case we all forget it in years to come.

Firstly, I must explain, my lovely mum always used to stroke my hair whilst singing (or rather La, La, La-ing) along to the beautiful Brahms Lullaby it is a piece of music that makes my feel so happy and secure and I found myself doing exactly the same thing to Beansy when he was a tiny baby (funny how we all turn into our parents the minute we have kids, that's a whole other blog post!).

As he got older and I was La, La La-ing away, he used to say "words Mama, words" and so it evolved that the following words (I will not use the word singing, have you heard my voice?!) accompanied this lovely piece of music:

"Go to sleep, Beansy Beans, go to sleep little Beansy
Mummy loves you, very much,
you're the best boy in the world
I love you, yes I do, you're the gorgeous Beansy Beans,
I love you, yes I do, you're the best boy in the world"

This has evolved over the years to include Beau Bo and Pixie and now is in family folklore.  It's a ritual that now comforts my kids and they all want their lullaby!

What's your bedtime rituals??

No comments:

Post a Comment