Monday 7 March 2011

Listography - take 5 children's books....

Goodness me, what a week of blogging about literature.  Firstly, I blogged about world book day Here and then earlier today (yes another post on the same day, impressed?!) I blogged my story telling abilities (or not) Here.

Now the lovely Kate at katetakes5 has decided that this weeks topic for Listography is 5 favourite children's books. 

In no particular order, here are mine (not the kids, mine I tell you!)

1) Where the Wild Things Are - I LOVED this as a child and it's not surprise what my eldest darling son is called!  Yes, inspired by my love of this book.




2) Any of the Enid Blyton St Clare's books - I wanted to be a twin, I wanted to go to boarding school.  Instead I had a younger brother and went to a little prep school with not a hope in hell of boarding!


3) Piggly's Play Truant - utterly transfixed me as a child, the fact that they skipped school.  I was such a goody goody I enjoyed their naughtiness!  I am re-reading this with the boys and they love it as well.


4) The folk of the faraway tree - Another Enid Blyton CLASSIC.  If you haven't read this, then please, please do.  Beau Bo is enraptured by the goings on of moonface at the age of 4.



5) Peepo - Pixie LOVES this and I had forgotten how good it is - it's also beautifully illustrated with lots to look for.  We both adore this.


Love and Peace

SAM x

No comments:

Post a Comment