Friday 18 February 2011

5 things that make you feel Good

One of my favourite bloggers is Scottish Mum and she has tagged me in a GREAT meme - it's called 5 things that make you feel good.  I wish I knew how to get the badge, I have tried and tried but can't do it so please hop over to her blog and grab it if you can! 

Here is what Scottish Mum has to say:

"I have seen lots of posts about what we struggle with, or things that we like to do, and I’d like to find out a bit more information about all of you.
This is my way of doing it.  I am looking forward to visiting some of you on the blog hop.

What you cannot choose.  The Rules are Simple

We all know that blogging / facebook, & or twitter  is in our arena of what we like to do, so I am going to rule them out as one of the 5 that you can post about.  They really are not very girly.    Likewise, phones, computers, ipads are all out of the running.
 I am challenging myself to this, as I am really not a girly girly type of person, and I want to find that within myself.   It’s not all about power suits, filofaxes, ipads and designer phones.
If you want to pass this along, pick bloggers that you want to find out more about, and challenge them to write up their 5 secret passions that make them feel good.  The idea is to lift our spirits this week.  The fact that there is a linky added, just makes it all the more worthwhile in doing"

Well said Scottish Mum!!!

SO here are my 5 things:

1) I love my teeth!!  Despite HAW calling me tombstone teeth, I love them!  They are straight and since I gave up smoking 8 years ago and invested in the most amazing whitening toothpaste (Blanx) they are bright white.  I love them and I love smiling, even if they are rather on the large side.

2) I adore pampering myself - As time is my currency nowadays I love nothing more than locking the bathroom door, having a long, hot soak with luxurious candles and a good book.  I really love buying and trying new products.  It's all about using all five senses (well maybe not taste, you wouldn't want to eat a moisturiser but you get what I mean).

3) I have GREAT knockers.  There, I said it..nothing more to add on that (although not quite as perky as pre kids with a great bra they are still knockout (but no running or I'll knock myself out!)

4) Hats - I have a beautiful cloche, grey felt hat with a big purple felt flower on the front.  I picked it up for 50p in the charity shop.  I had seen it in the Plumo catalogue the season before for over £100.  It is amazing and makes me feel like a 20s heroine every time I wear it.

5) My confidence - I am finally (finally!) happy in my own skin.  If you don't like me, so what, get over it, it is your problem.   If you judge me for how I speak, what I wear, how I look, I JUST DON'T CARE.   If I teach my kids just one lesson in life it will be inner confidence and self peace.

Amen to that.

I am tagging the following people in this @helloitsgemma @iheartmotherhood @chocorangecitymum @fastandluce @cafebebe @cosmicgirlie @manicmum4 @froginthefield @netcurtains @mmelindor


anywhere else a script is not allowed (eg. buzz) as an image, opening in a new page

No comments:

Post a Comment