Thursday 24 February 2011

Soundtrack of my life....

Firstly, I apologise if you are reading this and have tagged me and I haven't responded, I would love to have the time to do every tag I get, but I just don't have the time with running my own business and the kids.  I have every intention of doing so but not enough hours in the day.  I know a lot of you are the same, so I won't feel offended if you don't have time either!!  However, this is a goody and I am in the mood for music!  I have been tagged by Mothers Always Right and her list made me smile.

Here is a selection of music that has defined periods of my life (note my favourite songs but defining ones)


I have very vivid memories of singing this as a 4 year old on a family picnic and dancing my little socks off.  I still absolutely LOVE this and have just played it to me kids who must have great taste as they have said "again, again"  It has such a lovely appeal and more than 30 years later still sounds fresh!

Summary: My 1st music memory


I was (still am) a massive Madonna fan and was very good (Bossy) at organising all the other girls in the class at school into lines whilst I taught them a routine.   By this stage in my life I was heavily involved in dance and drama and so knew all the routines.  We laugh about my bossiness and obsession now with Madonna on facebook (how very modern) as a lot of my junior school friends are all over the world.  I was a real task master until we had it perfect!  How they put up with it I don't know.

Summary: Reminds me of lovely friends I still have some 30 years later (gulp)


This is the song I had my first ever "proper" kiss to. I had fancied the boy in question for weeks and we had had a few pecks on the cheek.  We used to have a great under 18 Disco called the Ace that was run by the local police and the aim was always to get a slow dance and kiss with the boy you fancied!  I still smile when I hear this now

Summary: 1st Kiss


If you were there, you'll love this.

Summary: Freedom!


By the time this came out, I was well established in TV advertising and living a great life flying across the world.  I met one of my best friends in 1994 when she came to work for the TV station I was working for and we used to have the most fantastic girlies holidays - this was always on our tape deck!

Summary: Hot Summers/Great friends/Great job/Great memories


Reminds me of HAW.  We have been together for 12 years and have been on a musical journey together.  His music tastes are far more sophisticated than mine, he was all Bowie where I was all Wham, he was all Beatles whilst I was all Take That.  He was also a trance DJ in Edinburgh whist at Uni and has so much vinyl it's ridiculous.  We have been re-discovering lots of great, great bands together. 

Summary: Many a Saturday night spent mixing it up with wine and HAW re-discovering great music.

As I have said, this is music that has defined periods of my life, not my favourite music (must blog about that) but all of these tunes bring a smile to my face for various reasons.

I am tagging the following, join in if you have time @helloitgemma (always!) @choc0range @fastandluce @manicmum4 @cosmicgirlie @honestmum @bangsandabun @bigfashionista @Iamubermummy @katetakes5

Peace and Love xx



No comments:

Post a Comment