Wednesday 16 February 2011

Sterimar a miracle!

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be invited to the launch of Sterimar Baby in the UK. Now I must have been a very bad person in a past life, as I have a serious mental aversion to snotty noses, yet have been "blessed" with three snotty nosed children for most of the winter months.

I seriously have to get HAW to deal with crusty noses and even writing this now is making me feel queasy. In fact, I have been known to gag on wiping noses, and freak out if I can't find a tissue.

YUCK......ENOUGH.........................

The launch was at one of my favourite restaurants, Nobu in the Metropolitan Hotel Park Lane. Despite my initial misgivings about the talk of you know what, I was curious to find out more about Sterimar as if there is something out there that can stop the sniffles (a much politer word than snot and less gag inducing for me) then I was game to find out more!

Sterimar launched in the 1970's in France and is widely used across the Continent. It is a 100% natural, sea water (from the Normandy coast oyster farm region) nasal spray which is specifically designed to clear and unblock little noses from 0-3 years old. It is anti-histamine free, steroid free and has no preservatives or additives. It has no known side effects which as any mum knows is always very important when it comes to our little ones. It is also isotonic.

Now despite drinking isotonic drinks, I don't really know what that means - well Dr Catherine Hood was on hand and explained that Isotonic means that the solution has the same concentration of salt as human body cells, therefore more effective than saline solutions.

The water is then purified and filtered and put into a handy squirty can that can be used from all angles.

The concept is a brilliant one, we currently use Olbas Oil and Menthol Crystals to humidify and decongest so I am thrilled that there is a new product on the market that is actually a lot easier and quicker to use. I have put this next to the toothpaste with the aim of using this 2x a day when the children have colds. All three of them were absolutely fine with me squirting it up their noses this morning (with Pixie saying "Tickles mummy") and if it stops the colds and dripping noses, then I will be one happy lady for not having to deal with "sniffles".

As for Pixie, she had a great day out - I think I am going to have to watch her as she clearly has refined tastes, she shunned the baby food on offer and instead scoffed more Rock Lobster tempura and Black Cod than anyone else in the room!




We were invited to the event and everything was complimentary, the views expressed here however, are entirely my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment