Wednesday 16 February 2011

My name is SAM and I am a beautyaholic

There, I've said it.  It's here for everyone to see and I can't deny it anymore.  I am addicted to beauty products. It all started two decades ago, when as a young, impressionable teenager, I got my first Saturday job as a make up girl in Boots. 

I was on the cusp of womanhood and my boss was an Amazonian called Sara who was a real beauty.  Being ten years older than me and with a boyfriend (yes, a real life boyfriend) who had a motorbike, I thought she was the bees knees. 

Our store was in a quiet town which gave her plenty of opportunity to teach me the ropes and believe you me, I swung from those ropes like you wouldn't believe.  This was the 1980's and Toyah Wilcox OTT make up was all the rage, I however, stuck to pearlised blue eyeshadow and frosty pink lipstick. 

When I finally got a job in the heady world of TV in the early 1990s the beauty world really opened up to me.  Again, being the youngest by a long way in an office full of Dynastyesque glamour pusses I was introduced to the beauty halls of Selfridges, Harrods and Harvey Nicks as well as Duty Free lounges across the world.  I quite literally had bags and bags full of Bonus time goodies but still my quest for the ultimate bronzer, cleanser, moisturiser or concealer continued.   The 90's may have been the decade for grunge, but for me it was all about glamour.  Now please don't go thinking I am the Bet Lynch of Blogging, oh no, no no, far from it, my quest is for products that can enhance what nature gave me.  Highlighters, curling mascaras and bronzers are my best friends.

I am still on that journey, I enjoy spoiling myself with a long, luxurious bath every night and then the ritual (as yes that is what it is) of cleansing, toning and moisturising.  I love trying new colours and new products and if that equates to being a beautyaholic, then I am guilty as charged! 

No comments:

Post a Comment