Saturday 19 February 2011

SAM's Homemade BBQ Sauce

I LOVE my butcher, I mean not physically LOVE but he is great, informative and puts up with my ridiculous questions.  (Cheek as in cheek on the face, not the bum for example) Anyway, I digress..he is brilliant and does the BEST ribs...

Here's my failsafe recipe for perfect ribs:

Homemade BBQ Sauce (if you can't be faffed, then buy Weber) but really this is so easy...

Ingredients:
  • i small onion very finely chopped
  • 3 cloves of crushed garlic
  • Splash of olive oil
  • 1 red chilli finely chopped and de-seeded
  • 2oz dark brown sugar
  • 50ml dark soy sauce
  • 300ml Heinz (must be) tomato sauce
  • Salt and pepper to season
How to make:

1) Fry the onion and garlic in Olive oil with the chilli and sugar
2) Add soy and ketchup and season.
3) Bring to the boil and then store in a pot in the fridge.

The best way to cook ribs is to simmer them first for about 45 mins (if you got big, juicy ones) then let them cool down and wash them to get rid of the fat.  Coat them in your BBQ sauce and then roast slowly in the oven or BBQ

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment